New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Digital Audio 733 - install DVD-Rom

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TxNoob

TxNoob is on a distinguished road

I've been a PC guy for years. Snagged this up on ebay, works great. I want to add a DVD-Rom or replace current
CDRW w/ a DVD/CDRW "combo" drive as currently on a CDRW is installed. What do I need to look for? Are these
IDE or SCSI? Will any old drive work or are they Mac specific? Any pointers would be great.
QUOTE Thanks
mcjacksonnelson

mcjacksonnelson has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3

welcome to the mac world, i have the exact same computer and love it. been using it for almost 9 years now. not looking forward to the day i have to retire it. anyway, this is a great place to start, with a couple of internal burner choices that will work with your specific mac. Pioneer works the best with mac OS (thats what mac uses). they have a ton of good deals and information on upgrading/fixing you mac. mine came with the original SuperDrive (CD/DVD burner). good luck and have fun. theres a lot of great people with great advice on this forum.

p.s. i believe its IDE btw

"You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"

CONSTRUCTIV Art & Design
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Go and download a how-to-do-it from the link below. For a Digital Audiop but it is the same as the Quicksilver. It is quite a simple job. tyhe only difficult part is undoing the power plug...struth they are tight. Use long nose pliers to help.

As a suggestion, put in a burner such as a Pioneer DVR-115D Dual Layer 20X DVD burner. They are as cheap as chips, $39.00 here in Australia, and you Quicksilver will recognise it as native.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75313
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Dual 450 Clock Problem | Thoughts on what I did »