New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - When did the 2.4ghz iMac come out?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spaterman

spaterman is on a distinguished road

When did the 2.4ghz iMac come out (the new aluminium ones)

The store gave me a 2.0ghz iMac aluminum and I was wondering if they gave me the write one.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The new aluminum ones came out last August. Not sure when the 2.4GHz model came out.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
spaterman

thanks! But if anyone knows when the 2.4's came out.= please tell me.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

According to the Mac Buyer's Guide, when the aluminum iMacs were first released, they went all the way up to 2.8GHz. The following picture from the special event shows that 2.0GHz and 2.4GHz models were indeed available at the time:

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

August 2007:

• 2.0Ghz with Radeon HD2400
• 2.4Ghz with Radeon HD2600

March 2008:

• 2.4Ghz with Radeon HD2400
• 2.66Ghz with Radeon HD2600
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

http://support.apple.com/specs/

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
spaterman

hmm... My auntie ordered the iMac march this year. The supplier said they would give us the new stock coming from America ( I'm from NZ ). So they should have given us one with at least a 2.4ghz processor. Should I ring them and complain?

Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaterman View Post
Check Mactracker http://mactracker.dreamhosters.com/ for every version of Mac ever produced.

If you ordered a new iMac in March of this year, you most certainly should get a 2.4 Ghz model. As stated, they were introduced in August of '07 - in the US.
QUOTE Thanks
spaterman

I just downloaded mac tracker on windows but it aws not the new version, can you tell me when the 2.0ghz model discontinued?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
I just downloaded mac tracker on windows but it aws not the new version, can you tell me when the 2.0ghz model discontinued?
If you look at the link I gave earlier, it tells you when the new models are released. Whenever the new models come out, the older ones are discontinued.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
axis3100

axis3100 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06GHz 500GB HDD 4GB Ram

Quote:
I believe the 2.0 GHz model was discontinued April 21 as that was when the current iMacs were released. In March the lowest model was the 2.0 GHz model.
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

Quote:

The store gave me a 2.0ghz iMac aluminum and I was wondering if they gave me the write one.
Depends where you are, I guess.

I bought an Imac last weekend in PCWorld in the UK. I bought and paid for a 2.0ghz, and was given a 2.4ghz.

Have to say though, this is a temp replacement for my quad 2.66 that British Airways smashed, and it feels reeeeeally slooooooow . . . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is a dual G4 1,42GHz daughter card compatible with my G4 MDD 2003 single 1,25GHz? | mini good? will the 450$ for for the iMac be worth it? »