New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Am I able to get Dual Display on standard Mac G4 466 AGP card?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mactrix

Hi All

I have a Mac G4 466 with the standard AGP card. It has a ADC andVGA Connector on it. I was wondering if it's possible to use 2 VGA monitors on it with one using a ADC to VGA adaptor. Will I be able to run Extended Display mode with this set up.I dont wanna spend money on the adaptor unless I know that dual display on this video card is possible. It's the standard card that comes with the unit.

All Help Appreciated

Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

In a word, Yes. You should end up with a spanned desktop on both monitors with a DVI->VGA adapter.
QUOTE Thanks
the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

the dvi to vga is 15US$

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks
immdb

immdb will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook

I've been researching your situation and haven't found anywhere that indicates a G4/466 will support simultaneously connected ADC and VGA displays with the stock card. It appears that you have to use one or the other.

I found an Apple article that listed the early models that did support simultaneously displays, but the G4/466 AGP wasn't on the list. (can't find the article now)

Maybe someone here has firsthand knowledge that knows it will work or can point you to documentation that indicates that it does.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Which Monitor for G4 ? | internet card for imac g4 »