New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Very thin lines on screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zacman

zacman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM

About 12 of them. They're also vertical and multi-colored. Anyone knows how to get rid of them? They're very annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I had to have mine replaced, when that happened.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

Would you care to tell us the specs of your iMac? iMac G4... what screen size, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Eleanor

Eleanor is on a distinguished road

The line appeared today when I was sending an email. It is on the right hand side and about 1 pixel in width. It sort of divides the screen because when I put the cursor on it, I can box to one side or the other but not through the middle! (I was rather hoping to drag it off the desktop!)

I didn't realise how many people had been affected because when I went to the Apple site there was nothing about it. However, searching on Google (LCD Mac problems) shows that the computers that are most affected are 17inch intel core duos (like mine) and most are recently out of warranty (like mine). The serial numbers are also consistent, beginning W860....

I'm not sure what to do, there is only one line at the moment but apparently that can change ... I live in a remote area so am not able to take it for repair plus it is my one reliable connection with the outside world.

It seems that Apple are not interested which is disappointing. I've had Macs since day 1 and am a big fan. Anyway, I've signed a petition that I found and hope someone on Mac Forums can help - although I don't fancy my chances!
QUOTE Thanks
bizkit

bizkit is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have just experienced these annoying thin lines on my screen as well. I have this iMac since mid 2006 - hardly used it until this March (since I gave away my PC with FULL regret!!). My first thin line popped up sometime last year but i wasnt bothered coz I wasnt using iMac as much - until as recent as this March when I start using this comp on daily basis that these lines add up - i have at least 10 lines now - and its getting on my nerve .. help, its driving me bonkers!! What to do?
I have just moved to HK from Sydney, so not really sure whether my 3 yr warranty applies . . any advise?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Old core duo iMac 17" which hd for upgrade | Power Mac G3 B&W Worth Upgrading? »