New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Some advice please, iMac Applecare

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

noisecat

noisecat is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2007 iMac 20", 320 GB HDD, 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram

Hey everyone, I posted about 6 months ago in pure glee having got my first ever mac, sadly things have gone right downhill since then...

Here's the thing, when it works, it's a thing of beauty and I never want to go back to Windows. But when it DOESN'T, I miss my laptop that just died after 3 years of extremely heavy use that didn't need repairing ONCE! The point is, I'm on the verge of returning my Mid '07 iMac for repair for the 2nd time in half a year!!

My problem is the dreaded "random power loss". First time round (after about three months) I spent about 20 phone credit calling Apple, despite having already paid a hundred odd for the Applecare plan, and after much bafflement and frustration from them I had it collected and "repaired". The alleged work done to it? "Power supply changed" Great. Veeery thorough. Most annoyingly, the technician phoned twice with progress reports, claiming he couldn't get it to do what I was saying was wrong with it! Strangely, the hard drive was labelled "Macintosh HD New" but still had all my stuff on it, so I don't know what happened there (has anyone else had this happen?)

Anyway, onto my question...I really can't handle the rig morale of going through that process again, so is there a way to email the bigwigs and put my case to them for a refund/new machine/fast track repair/any form of fair compensation for poor service? I know the obvious response... machines have faults, some people are just unlucky, etc, but I don't see why we should have to just grin and bear these type of situations when we invest so much money (and more importantly for me, FAITH) in Apple and this is what they deliver.

Sorry for the long post but any advice or opinion would be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Try <sjobbs@apple.com> or maybe it is <s.jobbs@apple.com> and copy this forum.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If you have AppleCare like you stated then call Apple and request a supervisor. Since your problem has been documented explain the situation to him/her. They should be able to resolve the problem. Sending an e-mail to the top does not always work. I have had a problem with a PowerMac G5, they replace it with a Mac Pro.

To me it is better to speak to a person than send a blind e-mail.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
noisecat

noisecat is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2007 iMac 20", 320 GB HDD, 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram

excellent. thanks for the advice, I'll report back
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video cards for a 2008 Mac Pro | New iMac 24" with hum. Please advise »