New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - 2.3Ghz weird power cable port.. PICS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ktreece777

ktreece777 is on a distinguished road

I acquired a supposedly non working Power Mac 2.3Ghz. Well, I don't have a cable to plug up to it because of its weird shape. Check pics below. Where can I get this cable at? I searched ebay I couldn't find anything.

Also, how do I tell if it internally has an Airport Card?

QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktreece777 View Post
its weird shape. Check pics below. Where can I get this cable at? I searched ebay I couldn't find anything.
http://www.kropla.com/electric.htm but I don't see any of that three flat pins variety there. Have any of the pins on your machine been twisted? Your local home appliance/electronics outlet may have an adaptor.

(Second question I'll leave to someone else.)
QUOTE Thanks
ktreece777

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
http://www.kropla.com/electric.htm but I don't see any of that three flat pins variety there. Have any of the pins on your machine been twisted? Your local home appliance/electronics outlet may have an adaptor.

(Second question I'll leave to someone else.)
No, this is how it came I can definitely tell it hasn't been twisted.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

It's a pretty standard connection in the photo industry.

Power Cord

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

ktreece777,

Where did you get it? Can you contact the source and ask about it and BTW, where did you put the cable?

A computer tech shop (or Apple store) may be able to open it up, remove the cable housing and attach the wires to a U.S. Standard connector.

Good luck on finding the proper connector first.

Noel

EDIT, whoops, bry beat me to it, and had a better answer besides
QUOTE Thanks
ktreece777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noels View Post
ktreece777,

Where did you get it? Can you contact the source and ask about it and BTW, where did you put the cable?

A computer tech shop (or Apple store) may be able to open it up, remove the cable housing and attach the wires to a U.S. Standard connector.

Good luck on finding the proper connector first.

Noel

EDIT, whoops, bry beat me to it, and had a better answer besides

It is an office machine of my dads partner that he thought he would take everything out "so nobody could get his stuff" I have no clue if anything is wrong with it at all but he took the hard drive, ram, video card, and thats all that I know of so far.... Oh, the power cord.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

It is a 'G' type plug used in various countries including China, the Middle East and a number of South American countries.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
It is a 'G' type plug used in various countries including China, the Middle East and a number of South American countries.
A G plug has one of the pins at right angles to the other two. The odd plug pictured has the pins arrayed in the same (horizontal) plane.

If the machine were mine I'd remove the plug housing, checking wire connections carefully, and replace the whole thing with a standard plug for your country. An electrician could do the job in 5 minutes if you had the required replacement part available.
QUOTE Thanks
ktreece777

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
A G plug has one of the pins at right angles to the other two. The odd plug pictured has the pins arrayed in the same (horizontal) plane.

If the machine were mine I'd remove the plug housing, checking wire connections carefully, and replace the whole thing with a standard plug for your country. An electrician could do the job in 5 minutes if you had the required replacement part available.
It is stock you can tell. On ebay I noticed the computer exactly llike it has the same plug. It is the last Model Before the MacPro but why on earth is it so hard to find a power cable.
QUOTE Thanks
05GT

05GT will become famous soon enough

That looks similar to the power connector in Bahrain... I'm not 100% sure though.

-13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If there is an Apple store near you, take it in and have it checked out. You will not get the system up and running even if you have a power cord. Since you still need memory, a video card and a hard disk. You can get most of these things from Other World Computing.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP! When I boot up, my Hard Drive is not recognized! HELP! | Trouble waking up »