New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - need advice on Mac Pro setup CS3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bwon

bwon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz 1Gb Ram 1.3 HD

I am wanting to install CS 3 Master Collections (Win) on Mac Pro 2.66 & seeking advice on the best setup before installing.
My current setup is 320GB with Tiger, Boot Camp & XP Pro on a 70GB partition & original CS suite (Wins).
500 GB HD with just Leopard installed. Spare 500 GB for Storage.

Im thinking the best setup would be uninstall XP on the 320 GB HD but keep the 70 Gb NTFS partition as scratch disk for PS. Install Boot Camp & Win XP on the Leopard 500 GB HD with a 250Gb NTFS partition & a Fat 32 partition.
The spare 500GB do a another 250GB partition for storage & data.
When I no longer need Tiger & would reformat the 320Gb to NTFS as sole scratch disk for Photoshop.

I appreciate any input if you think there is a better way to go.
Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Would you rather just crossgrade the CS3 to mac, or are you still keen to run it under windows

Want to be an ex PC user, please twist my arm.

See bottom of that page ^^
QUOTE Thanks
bwon

I want to keep it Wins. I am a recent switcher to mac. I feel master collections is better suited to wins at this time. Also as I can install this on 2 pc my other pc's are win machines plus my other work horse pc has scsi hardrives. Down the track I may cross grade or just purchase photoshop & other programs I use on a regular basis for the Mac enviroment
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

The adobe license agreement lets you install it on 2 PCs (a desktop and a laptop for instance)

Any more than 2 and you are breaking the EULA
QUOTE Thanks
bwon

I called adobe & they said I could install it on two machines but could not run the programs on the two machines at the same time.
QUOTE Thanks
bwon

Thanks Louishen for commenting. I guess from the lack of comments on the way I have described the setup, it must be the way to go???
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac Reviews | New 08 Imac - memory question »