Unhappy HELP! When I boot up, my Hard Drive is not recognized! HELP!
    I bought a G4 Power Mac 800 MHZ Quick Silver Edition Mac. When I went to install a fresh copy of Tiger by holding the "C" key, it kept coming up with the "?" Folder. I tried using the Firmware Bios, to no avail. I then used the trusty old trick, the "Option" key being held while it starts up to choose what to Start up from. Nothing either as my Hard Drive wasn't even coming up.

I am at my wits end. I use to have ease in getting Macs that had the Hard Drive wiped with no OS to boot up from the CD rom and installing the OS and being on my merry way. Not this time. This Mac is sweet and I need it to start my projects I have and need help. IF anyone can help, please do so. I greatly appreciate it.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Several questions come to mind, is your Tiger install media a full install, not recovery? Does you 800Mhz system have a CD or DVD rom drive? Is the install media a CD or a DVD? Is it possible you are trying to read a DVD on a system with only a CDROM drive?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
    Hi what version is it for it it the mac os for all computers or does it have a name on the cd like macbook.

....lol at the above answers .

What you need to do is shock your RAM.. NVRAM to be precise . So hold on startup, before the chime COMAND(apple logo)+OPTION+P+R, hold these down until you here the chime start about 3-4 times. then On the 4th as soon as you hear it shut off hold down "C". You must have your TIGER disk in there, for this to work though.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVoLuTiOn View Post
    ....lol at the above answers .

What you need to do is shock your RAM.. NVRAM to be precise . So hold on startup, before the chime COMAND(apple logo)+OPTION+P+R, hold these down until you here the chime start about 3-4 times. then On the 4th as soon as you hear it shut off hold down "C". You must have your TIGER disk in there, for this to work though.
    Didn't work. I tried everything. The only thing I haven't fully tried is Firmware Bios as I am not that familiar with that.

I appreciate all the help anyone has offered.

The Tiger Disc is an Original Brand New Version Full Version. I had a CD-RW in the bay...I replaced it with a DVD-R drive last night, to no avail. I cannot see anything. When I hold down the "option" key and startup to the Blue screen, nothing comes up..No Hard Drive or the CD. I am at my wits end!!

Specs:
    iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
    When all else fails, try everything!
    The Rep System and you.
    Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

Thread Information