New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Printer is selected, but can't print


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
adkre8r
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

I am suddenly getting a message that says "Cannot print, no printer is available. 8301:5826" The printer appears in the Chooser, and I haven't changed anything since I last used the printer a few days ago. I have tried re-selecting it, reconfiguring it, etc., but I keep getting this message. I need to print, and I don't know what to do. I'm on a beige G3, OS 9.2.2 and LaserWriter Plus. The only thing I can think of is I did install ATM 4.2.6a since I last used the printer. Could that be it? Any suggestions, please?!!
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkre8r
I am suddenly getting a message that says "Cannot print, no printer is available. 8301:5826" The printer appears in the Chooser, and I haven't changed anything since I last used the printer a few days ago. I have tried re-selecting it, reconfiguring it, etc., but I keep getting this message. I need to print, and I don't know what to do. I'm on a beige G3, OS 9.2.2 and LaserWriter Plus. The only thing I can think of is I did install ATM 4.2.6a since I last used the printer. Could that be it? Any suggestions, please?!!

Click info and make sure you have the RIGHT PRINTER model chose. Otherwise it might not work(It happend to me)
QUOTE Thanks
adkre8r
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuschejan
Click info and make sure you have the RIGHT PRINTER model chose. Otherwise it might not work(It happend to me)

I only have the one printer, and I have selected it.
QUOTE Thanks
immdb

 
immdb's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 04, 2003
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 652
immdb will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook

immdb is offline
Maybe if you did reinstall ATM it got put before or after an extension that is causing a problem. Sometime just changing the load order will correct/create the problem.

Try this…
Open Extension Manager and select System 9.2.2 Base (or something like that).
Restart
Open Chooser and select your printer and then see if it will print. If it does then you know that you have an extension conflict.
QUOTE Thanks
adkre8r
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by immdb
Maybe if you did reinstall ATM it got put before or after an extension that is causing a problem. Sometime just changing the load order will correct/create the problem.

Try this…
Open Extension Manager and select System 9.2.2 Base (or something like that).
Restart
Open Chooser and select your printer and then see if it will print. If it does then you know that you have an extension conflict.
Thanks, it was a conflict with the load order of ATM and Suitcase. I found the solution on adobe.com. Fortunately, it was a painless fix. Here's the link for anyone who's interested: http://store.adobe.com/support/techdocs/325757.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Help with getting G4! ! ! ! | Internet woes »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Printing to OS9 USB shared printer? lokerd OS X - Operating System 2 04-24-2005 06:59 PM
PC won't print to Airport printer eric258 Internet, Networking, and Wireless 2 07-07-2004 12:26 AM
How do I print to a network printer behind 2 routers? Karoddo Internet, Networking, and Wireless 0 02-17-2004 12:23 AM
Epson Printer not appearing in Print Center jbatten Apple Notebooks 0 11-10-2003 12:35 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?