New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Beep on Startup

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jferran

jferran is on a distinguished road

I now get a loud single beep on startup of my new IMac. I put my own memory in it...OWC. The thing the Apple store said is that 1 beep on startup means the memory is not checking out and because its not Apple memory there is nothing they can do about it. In utilities, both Tech Tool and the Activity Monitor say my memory is fine. Now what do I do. Sould I just ignore the beep?...thanks.....also..could i just be holding the start button down to long...sometimes it doesnt do it is I just hold the button down 3-4 seconds
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Press the button and release - no need to hold it down. In fact what may happen is holding the button down too long causes a second boot and a beep. Let's know how you go.
QUOTE Thanks
jferran

jferran is on a distinguished road

Maybe it was me...Im still used to pc's. I held the button to long and it beeped.
Just clicking it on and not holding it in...no beep. What a dummy
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Nah you ain't no dummy! The only ones who do not make mistakes are the ones who do NOTHING!

En oy our iMac!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Kernel Panics on boot, no networking available | G3 usb keyboard »