New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Bought my first iMac!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Osteoman

Osteoman is on a distinguished road

My wife fed up with windows. I just ordered the iMac 3 gHZ, 750mb HDD, 4 gigs ram.

I'll need some help to get it all set up to run VM fusion or bootcamp, just so we can connect to our office via vpn, but otherwise Leopard here we come.

Seems weird though. I build my PC's high end for fun. Seems weird to not really be able to mod it up.

Oh I ordered it on monday and it is supposed to arrive saturday. This is quicker then I thought but great.
QUOTE Thanks
KiwiJenn

KiwiJenn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver

Congrats on ordering your iMac I haven't used VM fusion or bootcamp, but I don't have a reason too

I got my iMac the following day, from Australia to New Zealand, i was very impressed with how fast I got it after ordering.

Your going to love using the iMac too.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

Mac O Licious is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good

Nice set up. Trust me, you won't need any help. If you have a wirelses router in your home, the only thing you will have to do is take the thing out of the box, plus it in & enjoy. The first problem I came to was knowing there was so much I could do, what to do first?

I walked into the Apple store, plopped down some cash got mine, I didnt want to wait.

Congrats, Enjoy!
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Congratulations! I know that you will enjoy this new machine.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

Welcome. and i hope you enjoy your new imac!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost all my info in Entourage calendar | Wireless on iMac G3 »