New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Headphone jack configuration

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SalokinX

SalokinX is on a distinguished road

I just got some new speakers for my g4 and I can't get my headphone jack selected as my primary audio output. When I open the System Preferences and go to the Audio section, the only output selection is the Built-in speakers. How can I install the headphone jack so that I can listen to music through the new speakers? The speakers are a regular audio jack and not usb. I use Mac OS X 10.4.11 with all the latest updates that I can download.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

Ya should be able to just....plug 'em in.
QUOTE Thanks
SalokinX

SalokinX is on a distinguished road

I did plug them in, but it still didn't work. Is as if I haven't pluged it in at all.

I think the problem is that the jack is broken. When I try to plug the cable in the microphone jack, it fits perfectly, but when I try to put it in the headphone jack it seems lose.

I saw some people complaining about the headphone cable that it was too thick to fit the jack. Maybe I need one of those thick ones to plug in to my jack? Or is it just broken?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External drive recognition problem | Moving files from old PowerMac 8100/80 »