New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Can someone help me?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lunchbox1978

Lunchbox1978 is on a distinguished road

I have a MBP 15", 2.2, 2 gb Ram and 120 gb Hard drive. I bought it in November of last year and now I want to get a 20" Imac desktop but I'm not sure if I should. I like the portability of the MBP but I would like a bigger screen. I would appreciate any advice!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Why don't you just buy a 20" flat screen and connect it to the MBP when you are at home?
QUOTE Thanks
Lunchbox1978

Do you think that that would be fine? I thought about that but I wonder about the MBP's capabilities as compared to the desktop.
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

Well is your MBP able to handle the work you throw at it or is it struggling?
QUOTE Thanks
Lunchbox1978

So far everything is working great! I'm only running Adoble Lightroom and I haven't any problems yet but I wonder when I get Adobe CS3 if that will slow the MBP down -
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

I'm gonna say it's probably not a necessity that you get a new iMac. Your MBP will probably be able to handle CS3 quite well.

That being said, if you want an iMac, and you have the money, go for it. I have a 24" iMac, and it's so gorgeous. I'm sure you'll love it.

Macs are kind of like crack, they're very addicting. So I understand where you're coming from
QUOTE Thanks
Lunchbox1978

I'd have to agree. When I get home I just love looking at it. It's an awesome machine. I would like to buy the 24" but I can't afford to spend that much right now. Thanks for the advice
QUOTE Thanks
Avenger2SER

Avenger2SER is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.4ghz C2D (early 2008)

I'm running CS3 on my 2.4ghz MBP, and it runs great. It also ran well enough on my old 1.67ghz G4 powerbook.

Just get a bigger monitor and you'll be set.

MacBook Pro 2.4 C2D,4gb,320gb 7.2k,10.6 (Primary)
iMac G3 600, iBook G3 500, PBook G3 233, Atom WHS
16gb iPhone 4, 32gb iPhone 3Gs, TV1+2, iPad 32gb
QUOTE Thanks
Lunchbox1978

Avenger thanks man. I love my computer!! I really do. I was wondering if it was worth it or not. Thanks! I figured as much. I think I will buy a 20" or 22" monitor and buy AppleCare so I don't worry about problems later. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Formatting a HDD via TDM? | G4 733Mhz PCI VGA »