New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Media setup

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ljcarr

ljcarr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8Mhz

Hi everyone this is my first venture into the world of mac, I am about to buy a 24" 2.8Ghz imac, but being totally clueless about computer speak and terminology I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone can explain weather the following is possible, and in simple terms that I can understand.

I have a Tvix 6500 media jukebox(link below) and a synologhy cs-407 NAS(link below) the 6500 which is down stairs is connected to the nas which is up stairs via cat5. I want to back up all my music(.flac) and dvd's(.iso) to the nas (using the imac), and I will then access and view them down stairs via the Tvix 6500, so basically before I dive in and buy a imac I need to know weather it will work properly with the aforementioned kit.

Many thanks

Lj

Tvix:- http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/HDM6500A.aspx
NAS:- http://www.synology.com/enu/products/CS407/index.php

I'm not fat, I'm just short for my height
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« About to Buy a SUPER Mac Pro. Have a few questions... | Are 24" iMac's considered High Def monitors? »