New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

eMac - emac bootable cd problem

Thread Closed

kevthered

kevthered is on a distinguished road

hey people,

i having problems burning a copy of mac osx, i have got the files ovr onto my pc as an ISO, and i have burnt it as an image in nero, but the mac wont boot from it.

never used a mac before so any help appreciated.

thanks

kev
kevthered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevthered View Post
hey people,

i having problems burning a copy of mac osx, i have got the files ovr onto my pc as an ISO, and i have burnt it as an image in nero, but the mac wont boot from it.

never used a mac before so any help appreciated.

thanks

kev
bttt

come on somone must be able to hlp?
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Sounds like you have an illegally downloaded copy of OS X. That cannot be discussed on this forum
kevthered

why would i have an illegally downloaded copy? i wouldnt even know where to look for one!!

seriously, i bought an old emac, he doesnt have the disk that came with it, just a copy he's given me, now neither of us can remember his user password, and we need to reformat, can anyone help please?
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

It may be that you are burning the disk on the PC, have you tried burning the disc from the mac, or is it simply that you cannot even get on to a user account.

if you can get the iso image on the mac you may be able to burn it

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389
kevthered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
It may be that you are burning the disk on the PC, have you tried burning the disc from the mac, or is it simply that you cannot even get on to a user account.

if you can get the iso image on the mac you may be able to burn it

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389
nah, i cant get past the password prompt on the mac, tried burning the iso in the usual way in nero, also tried it as a .dmg file too, but to no avail!
chefwalt

chefwalt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple lle 64 kb RAM

buy a retail disk on-line

mac- i was too lazy to hit the shift button
MAC- Oops must have hit the caps button
Mac- Just a computer
kevthered

gee thanks mate

you must be the top techie round here. then again your a mac user for your primary machine so that explains it.....
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Thread closed for way too many reasons.

Thread Closed

« wifi | 2.8 GHz Extreme vs. 2.8 GHz »