Unhappy Eject Disc While Off? (or Startup Disk Trouble)
    Ok, so I think I might have done something stupid. I got a bootable copy of iPartition on a DVD. I wanted to increase the size of my Bootcamp partition without it totally wiping my data from the partition. So I wasn't sure if it would work by just putting the dvd in and then restarting the computer, so I set the startup disk to the DVD.

Now, when it boots up it takes a little while but it does boot up. However the only thing on the disc is iPartition. So I resized my partition, all good. Now when I went to change the startup disk, everything is grayed out. Nothing under the Apple menu is available to click on. So now every time I restart my computer it boots from the DVD, and when I try to hold down the alt button to change the boot disk it doesn't work. I'm not sure why it doesn't work, it just doesn't.

So is there a way to eject the DVD while the computer is off so it forces itself to boot from the hard drive? I know on PC's there a small hole to stick a paperclip or something small into to eject it. But I can't seem to find something like that on my Mac Pro.

Edit: I've tried holding Option on startup, X on startup, Option+Cmd+Shift+Delete on startup. Nothing works. Just always boots up from the DVD.

Ok, nevermind. After about 10 tries of doing different key commands, it finally let me choose what volume to boot from. I actually ended up alternatingly (is that a word?) pressing the two Option keys and that finally worked.

You can go ahead and delete this thread if you want. Sorry.

Thread Information