New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - Mac Pro sleep Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Blizare

Blizare can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd

I have a one year old mac pro and I just got it up and running all good and loaded with my software.

If I sleep the computer and come back, I'll a. touch the mouse or b. push the power button once. In a couple of seconds, my displays come on and show a black screen and the mouse cursor which I can move.

If I then hold down the power button again to goto sleep and then try to wake it again, I have a screen of black and white pixels everywhere.

Other than this issue it has worked flawlessly, so I just shut it down at the end of the day.

Anyone have any experience with this issue? I'm running 10.5.2 dual 2.6/7 gig of ram and an 7300 vc. I have dual displays, one 23" thru dvi one 32"thru hdmi-dvi
QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

hello? anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Never heard of such an issue with the 7300 GT.

I saw your thread before but didn't comment because I don't know the answer. Someone should comment if they know the answer, no worries.

Have you tried visiting an Apple Genius at the store?

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

Well the nearest apple store is a couple hrs away from me. I just finished transferring my applecare info over so that I'm covered.....I wasn't going to jump to conclusion just yet. I'll see if someone else chimes in?
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice

Sorry I can't help any. Good luck. Hopefully you don't have take in. I had to once and lugging that thing around the mall was no easy chore.

QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

Well I really don't care that much about this issue , the computer still works amazing...I just wish I could let it sleep when I left my shop, instead of always shutting down. hmmm.
QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

Could that cause any sort of problems? I keep reading about using 'only' matched pairs several times..

As per my last post, i have this sleep restore issue.

Thanks a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizare View Post
Could that cause any sort of problems? I keep reading about using 'only' matched pairs several times..

As per my last post, i have this sleep restore issue.

Thanks a lot!
You're using matched pairs. One pair is 2x 512MB, right?

QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

ahh yes, i guess that would be right. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
blinkin357

blinkin357 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro quad-core 2.66gHz, Leopard, 9gb RAM, one 250gb, two 500gb and three 1tb internal SATA drives

I find your description a little difficult to follow.

We have a similar system and are using Photoshop CS3. We have lost our Wacom tablet connection after sleeping the computer. Wacom said to never sleep the computer so we shut it down every night. I think that the problem is that the Wacom software isn't designed for the Intel and, when the USB hub goes to sleep, the connection isn't recognized again.
QUOTE Thanks
Blizare

Hmm. I have a Huey monitor calibration tool hooked up to usb and it stays connected to adjust for lighting conditions. I wonder if thats whats doing it.......

We'll see tomorrow. Thanks for the great suggestion. Although, I'm not even minding shutting it down at the end of the day. It boots up in like 11 seconds. heh.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New System - a few issues | Not Long Now before i get my Mac but which one »