New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - imac newbie help needed.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

powerguy

powerguy is on a distinguished road

Hi,

if anyone could help me out with any of the following it will really help me out a lot.
thanks.

I would like to know how to edit uploaded videos via imovie if possible.

i would like to know how to uninstall programs on the mac.

i would llike to know how to burn dvd's via existing dvd software in the imac.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Don't do movies but no doubt some one will help.

To uninstall applications etc., check if the software comes with an uninstaller. If so use that. If not, use Appdelete or a similar program or simply drag to trash. Here is a link to download Appdelete:- http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23149

Have your data for the DVD on the desktop, pop in blank media, making sure 'show on desktop' is selected in Finder Preferences. Drag data to DVD, go to Disk Utility an bd hit burn . You may require burning software, depending on your OS which is not stated.
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

You should take a look at Apples site. They have some short video tutorials on how to do basic stuff in iMovie and how to create a dvd with iDVD (One that you can play on a dvd player. The method harryb2448 suggested only makes a data dvd. Consequently, you don't need to open disk utility to select burn, you can press burn in the finder window if you make a dvd that way.)

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#imovie

All this is assuming that you have a relatively new iMac with Leopard and ilife 08.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question: External drive for Time Machine & iTunes | Quicksilver G4 867 video card question »