New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iMac G3 DV and TV Tuner/RF Input

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lil

Lil is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I rarely post these days but I have been lurking for some time. I recently acquired an iMac G3 Blueberry, absolutely mint, 400MHz DV and have set it up with Panther. It's a lovely machine but at the moment it is desk sharing with a Dell GX240. (I'm a Windows and Linux user too)

Now I would like to relocate the iMac G3 to my bedroom where I could sit down and work when I don't want to be at my desk but in my 'chill out' area if you will.

The problem is that I also have a TV in the spot where the iMac could go and it does get used and has a Playstation also attached, which I know it's ancient (I don't own any really new computer stuff, my newest is a ThinkPad T40 - so that's 2003 -- the old stuff is doing everything I need see...) but it also gets used.

The long and short of it is that to get the iMac in there, I want to at least get the Playstation running 'through' the iMac and if I was doing very well, the TV too.

That down side is I am not aware of any TV Tuners (doesn't have to be DVB-T/Digital, Analogue is fine) that are suitable for a 400MHz iMac G3...

Does anyone have any conclusive proof of that? All I want to do is run a signal through and show it on the iMac's screen, I have no desire to pause or rewind.

This should in theory be possible as back in the day I had an ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro card, which ran a Pentium II 233MHz... Now that is going back a bit Of course I have no access to PCI, let alone AGP in this iMac so USB or FW400 is the only way forwards.

Thanks, either way, I love this Blueberry iMac. Brings back memories of when they first came out and the college replaced their Performas with them in '98/99.

Ta

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what to get? | Quick Monitor Question »