View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It sounds like that external drive has problems. Use Disk Utility to check the drive. Mount the drive, open DU, click on the First Aid tab and do a verify and repair. If the drive shows a lot of errors, don't use it any more as it's probably getting ready to die.

Just a suggestion: If you need to archive programs or files, a better way would be to burn them to DVD media. Hard drives fail, even good ones. CD and DVD media are not 100% fool proof either, but they'll outlast a hard drive. I have old files archived on CDs and DVDs from 10 years ago and I can still open them or copy them. I'm a pack rat.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks