Thread: Firefox in Mac
View Single Post
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

From desktop, try Go > Home > Library > Preferences and trash org.mozilla.firefox.plist.

Reboot your Mac, and then see if FFox will get out of bed.

If no joy, use a third party application cleaner like ... AppCleaner or CleanApp or AppZapper ... to remove ALL FFox components before trying to reinstall it.

Another alternative to FFox, one that also comes from the Mozilla stable, is Camino. It's fast, it's far less processor-hungry, but it doesn't have all the add-on features. You can still block ads with it though.

Another maintenance task is to Repair Permissions. I recommend OnyX Titanium Software as the best there is, but you can also use Disk Utility > Repair Permissions.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks