Thread: I\O Error
View Single Post
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I'm afraid your document is probably hosed. Maybe the flash drive is flaky, or maybe you pulled it out too fast, who knows. You might try bringing it back to the original machine, but I'm not optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
yes, you should NEVER work off of removable media, unless its a self powered external hd, then its ok, but if youre working off that flash drive, its uses it as memory for the app, which as you know, won't work correctly.
Huh? Flash drives mount just like any other logical volume, and are treated just like external HDs or iPods or zip disks. Sure, all media can flake out, but the only special risk for removables is that they could be ejected at the wrong time, or accidentally thrown into the washing machine.

The only volume that is "used as memory for an app" is the drive used for virtual memory, which is almost always the boot drive.
QUOTE Thanks