Thread: .iso
View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceYouGoMac View Post
Sorry. The reason I come here is because people know their stuff, and I do not have to sort through google search after search in the hopes of sorting through it all to find information. I thought that is what forums were for. Sorry if I offended anyone. See, I am new, and I do not know what "mount" means, for example. I am not exactly sure what a "disk image" is, and a wikipedia definition does not help me. I was asking for instructions.
A disc image is a file that has been made of a real disc. Think of it as a disc that has been compressed into one big file. When you "mount" the disk image, it's like inserting the virtual disc into a drive.

So, again you're not installing anything, you're merely inserting the disc. It may very well have contents that can be installed on your system, such as a program, but not necessarily. It can hold anything that a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM can.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!