View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
The thing is I am still undecided on making the switch. It's not that I want to change for the sake of change but the intrusion by Vista on nearly every session is getting to be too much to ignore. If it's not updating then it wants to run a scan which really slows down the computer. I just want a computer that will let me enjoy some web surfing without constant interruption. I can remember a time when Windows wasn't constantly updating but since Vista it's been nonstop. If a Mac will eliminate it then I'll switch. If not, I guess I'll try Windows 7.
Here's the deal with Mac updates. There's a program called "Software Update" that's part of the Mac OS. You can configure it to automatically scan for updates daily, weekly, monthly, or never!

If you choose to not have it scan at all...you can of course open it & scan whenever you want.

So basically...you can definitely be 100% OS update interruption free if you want to.

Give this a read for more details:

Mac OS X: Updating your software

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks