View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
I don't dispute that. The point I was trying to make is that ACDSys has a long history of treating the Mac platform with contempt, between that half-baked ACDSee that didn't work entirely and taking away Canvas for their own use on Windows.
I disagree with the contention that ACDSee ever treated the Mac community "with contempt," but even if that were true, the team working on this new version are not the same people -- most of us (all of us that I've met) have never even RUN the old Mac version of ACDSee, that's how far we are removed from it.

Quote:
Right now it seems heavily overhyped and this "evangelism" comes across as ACDSys setting themselves up as some conquering hero coming to rescue us from the banality of our existing options.
Really -- seriously -- I have no idea where you get that from. You'll not hear me say anything disparaging about the other programs for the Mac -- indeed, in another thread I just yesterday recommended PSE 8 to someone, and I personally still use and love iPhoto.

I'm doing nothing more here (and in the other places I visit) than trying to raise awareness of a new alternative. Choice is good, isn't it?

Quote:
Have a good one!
You as well!
QUOTE Thanks