View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
This new version of ACDSee Pro has absolutely nothing to do with any previous Mac attempts. It is not a port -- it is being rebuilt completely from the ground up as a Mac-native, Mac OS X-leveraging product.
I don't dispute that. The point I was trying to make is that ACDSys has a long history of treating the Mac platform with contempt, between that half-baked ACDSee that didn't work entirely and taking away Canvas for their own use on Windows. Long-time users are annoyed and highly wary. If they come out with something truly groundbreaking, so much the better. Right now it seems heavily overhyped and this "evangelism" comes across as ACDSys setting themselves up as some conquering hero coming to rescue us from the banality of our existing options. Maybe it's just the skeptic in me, but it really turns me off, and I doubt I'm alone in that. *shrug* Anywho... enough on that before I get carried away or accidentally rude. Have a good one!

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks