View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
I was a long-time user of ACDSee in Windows before I switched to OS X. One of the first apps I tried when I first got a Mac 7 years ago was the Mac version of ACDSee. It was pathetic. Not even quite on-par with ACDSee Classic, and had features that simply didn't work.
This new version of ACDSee Pro has absolutely nothing to do with any previous Mac attempts. It is not a port -- it is being rebuilt completely from the ground up as a Mac-native, Mac OS X-leveraging product.

The finished release should be closely akin to the features of ACDSee Pro 3 for Windows. There are some videos on YouTube that show off what Pro 3 can do -- that might give you some idea of why we think a Mac-native version is a) worth doing and b) will be awesome.

Quote:
There are plenty of excellent existing alternatives from developers who have long developed for OS X.
I certainly agree with that, but we think we will be right in there with those alternatives.
QUOTE Thanks