View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
As stated above, GC is awesome. But ACDSee Pro will have a lot of features GC does not. Maybe they'll interest you, maybe they won't.
Ok, I'll bite. What does/will ACDSee do that GC or others not do?

Quote:
It certainly won't harm anything to download the beta and try it out -- or a free trial of the commercial release when we get to that point if that's more your fancy. One of the nice things about ACDSee is that it doesn't mess with your preset setup, copy your assets into its own library/vault or interfere with whatever you're already using.
Maybe I'm mis-interpreting what you are saying, but you aren't touting something that we aren't already accustomed to. It's expected for an OS X app to not "mess with" existing setups or otherwise interfere in what we are using. I suppose we would expect that in Windows, but then this is one of many reason we use OS X instead.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks