View Single Post
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

First, thanks for being open and honest about your affiliation.

I know that ACDSee has a well-established place on Windows, but I'm dubious as to its place on the Mac, where we have everything from GraphicConverter (which seems to do everything your product does, but for under fifty bucks) to Aperture, which costs a bit more but has Apple's backing. Lots of photographers on the Mac, and lots of tools that aren't available on Windows.

I know some transplanted Windows users will be happy to see a familiar product, but that may only be because they're unfamiliar with the options on this platform.

I also know a lot of users of Deneba's Canvas were disappointed with ACDSee's support for the product on the Mac after they acquired it. The technical support was reportedly clueless that there even was a Mac version of the product (for which people paid the same price as Windows users) and people were almost relieved when Canvas 11 was announced as a Windows-only product.

So. Uh. Yeah. Welcome to the Mac platform, home of a bunch of very demanding and fussy customers....
QUOTE Thanks