Thread: Firefox 3.6
View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
XJ, have you tried the Opera 10.5 pre-alpha? The new "Carakan" JS engine is in that build and it is ~ 10x faster than the current one in 10.1 (and the 10.2 alpha). It also has full Cocoa support so it integrates (fairly) well.

Last I checked, Safari and Chromium still had an edge on Firefox in terms of JS performance (the Opera 10.5 pre-alpha gives Safari a run for its money too) but as we all know, there is more to the web than just JS.
I have had very good results with Opera 10.5 Pre-Alpha also. Very impressed with it overall and NIGHT AND DAY faster than older releases.

I have been using Firefox 3.6 like Van from the RC at least and I like it better than 3.5 for sure. Faster here both on the Java tests and seems nicer overall in normal use. I like it. It JS performance is a lot better than 3.5 but like Van said, it's still behind the WebKit engine in Chrome and Safari and the new Opera Pre-Alpha engine.
QUOTE Thanks