View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I bought a mid-range TomTom One for my in-laws last year and it was by far the clunkiest, most poorly designed GPS I've ever laid hands on, backed by horrid "customer service" (if you can call it that).

I have a Magellan Maestro 4200 that I picked up a few years ago on Woot.com for a good price. It has been perfect. Easy to use, picks up and maintains signal with no fuss and it's easy to upgrade the maps (although the software is Windows-only).

I bought my in-laws a Magellan RoadMate (not sure of the model) to replace the POS TomTom that I returned to Amazon and that has been likewise perfect for them. They haven't even needed any technical support, which is a big bonus for me.

I haven't owned any Garmin products, but people seem to love them as well. I would just advise you to steer clear of anything made by TomTom.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks