View Single Post
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

I'll put a vote in for Panther (Collin and I have discussed this topic ).

I operate Panther on my two G3 Macs, and have absolutely no problems with either machine. It's all about processing speed, and Panther runs more smoothly with the lower-end Macs. Panther was not only a development in OS X, it was also designed to run on slower machines, being less demanding. It will do almost anything you need it to do in terms of Office 04.

Regarding Internet, I switched to using Camino (a cousin of Firefox) because it was less demanding of system resources. Camino does everything I require of it, and it does so quickly. I am so taken with it I use it on my G4 eMac as well.

The one thing that will disappoint in terms of Panther is Flash video. But then, a 400 processor won't handle modern video anyway.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks