View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I'm not 100% sure on this answer but I'll try.

After looking in the /Developer/usr directory, it appears to be only apps/libraries that you might commonly find in /usr but are development related. In other words, /Developer/usr appears to contain only that which is pertinent to development. My advice then would be to stick to /usr. I've never actually seen /Developer on Linux installs as it appears to be specific not only to OS X but Xcode. Again, you might want to wait to get a more definite answer on exactly why Xcode has it's own usr directory.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks