View Single Post
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Well, if you're not editing the footage per se, maybe you might want to look at another tool like Mpegstreamclip, or if your video file already has chapter marks that are recognizable you could use handbrake...

With mpegstreamclip you can set in and out points and just export a portion of the file - of course, you may have to tweak the settings on the video export screen to find your balance between picture quality and file size, but you should be able to get your file down into smaller pieces without too much pain and suffering.

With handbrake, if you have chapter markers in the file (since handbrake won't allow you to set in and out points based upon time AFAIK), you can create 4 exports from one file based upon chapter markers (ie: chapter 1-2 file 1, 2-3 file 2, 3-4 file 3, etc.) but this would depend on the file having chapter markers. The advantage of this over mpegstreamclip (if you have chapters) is the encoding queue - you can setup all of your exports at once then tell it to run the queue then walk away.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks