View Single Post
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Just fyi, overloading the Mac OS - it is possible - can result in Keys Out Of Order, a serious hard disk fault. I think it ceased at Tiger, but it was/is fixable only with Disk Warrior, as I learned to my cost!

The Mac collection - there was a G3 beige d/t there for a while too. I've managed until a couple of years ago to 'recycle' my Macs, but the advent of the G3 iMac and continual upgrades to processors and OS meant that old Macs were an encumbrance. I've kept the b/w tower simply because of its configuration and flexibility; and that I probably couldn't even give it away.
Amazing - or perhaps not - that your IIci still works flawlessly. A tribute to the quality of both the hardware and the OS. I had a IIsi for a while. My vote for the best Mac would probably go to the 9600, dual 604 "the most upgradeable Mac ever made" it was trumpeted, a veritable monster of its time. It became a question amongst owners of what you couldn't put inside it.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks