View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

What he told you is absolute baloney! If you read my previous post closely, I specifically stated that replacing display components is worse than opening the iMac to work on it. Replacing a display backlight can certainly be accomplished but it's a difficult and tedious job. And.. even worse, replacing it can damage the display. That's why Apple recommends replacing the entire display unit which includes the backlight. I also recommend doing it that way.

Apple is in NO way extorting people to buy components from them. Their service is top notch and so is their support. If they recommend replacing the entire display unit for a bad backlight - they have a good reason. See above.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks