Thread: Word Woes ...
View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
I have found and opened the "normal" document you speak of. It is a US Letter page setup which I want all my word documents to open as by default.

When you say "save it" to where should it be saved. Word will not allow it to be saved over or in the same folder with the same name as the original "normal" document.

Saving it in my document folder, closing and opening word again still results in the same small 4" by 6.5" page setup being opened as the blank document. So nothing has been fixed by saving the "normal" document in the locations I have tried. I have hope...
Hopefully we're speaking here of the Word "normal template" known as "normal.dotm" ??

If so, close Word. Navigate to the normal.dotm file which should be located in: /Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/normal.dotm

Double click the normal.dotm file. Word will automatically open the file. Make any changes you wish - page setup, letter size, font, style, etc. and then save the file. It should save over itself as "normal.dotm". If it refuses to save over itself, do this:

Close Word. Move the normal.dotm from its current location to your desktop. Open Word. A new default "normal.dotm" file will be created. That will allow you to get back to the way you had things set up before.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks