View Single Post
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Bose= status symbol/poor quality/waaaaaay too much $$

if you're really looking in that price range I must suggest that you try and listen to a pair of Focal's. They're a 2.1 system and one of the spakers houses an dock for an iPod or phone. But that's not the point. These sound fantastic.

Almost monitor like, but with hardly any profile. They're far less colored and more balanced than any computer speakers I've heard (not counting studio monitors). I think the modl is Xs.

If you want to spend less Han half of that, the Harmon Kardon SoundsticksII sound pretty darned good too. They're a bit more colored, but his isn't a bad thing, either.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks