View Single Post
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
Thanks for replying. I never made any backup before and that's why I am asking how much space is it going to take?
MUST MUST MUST have a an External back up.
Yes, that's 3 musts, and it would be more if I didn't think you knew how essential I am saying it is.
Regular backup, or at least any time you are about to make any big changes, or update, it is always a good idea to repair disk permissions then do a backup.

If money isn't too much of an issue, having 2-3 external HDs is the way to go, as then you can have one for regular backups, one for bootable clones, and one partitioned to have both regular backups and a bootable clone as a backup for the backups.

Anyway, I's sure that I have made my point, and if you really want, you can go through the hard luck stories of those who had no backups.
QUOTE Thanks