View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

From your Mac you really would only connect 1 pair - the two above 'Front' as you will only get stereo output from the Mac with the stereo mini-plug anyway. You can connect that 2nd pair to the 'Surround' input also to give you stereo on 2 pairs of your speakers. Not sure if it will drive 2 pairs or not, you'll just have to try it.

What you're looking at there is analog input for 5.1 sound. To make use of it in 5.1, you'll need to have 5.1 analog output on whatever device you're plugging them into.

Some Windows based sound cards and/or motherboards will have the analog 5.1 outputs. You'll just have to look to see what is available on your machine.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks