View Single Post
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Time machine will work, but in order for the restore to see the new HD.
Boot from install discs holding C key, choose language and continue, and then go to menu bar utilities/disk utility and format the new drive as macintosh OS extended (journalled).
If the HD doesn't show up with the above step, then quit utilities, and then continue with installation of leopard, which should see the drive, and format the drive of memory.
After installation, making sure that your backup is plugged in, reboot again holding the C key, and then go to utilities in the menu bar, and select restore from time machine backup.
You're good to go.
Other option after the install is to go to migration assistant, and choose restore from time machine backup.
QUOTE Thanks