View Single Post
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Well pretty happy with myself as i have come up with this

Code:
TZ=Australia/GMT-11 date +"Sydney: %H%M Hrs - %D"
TZ=England/GMT date +"London: date %H%M Hrs - %D"
TZ=NewYork/GMT5 date +"New York: %H%M Hrs - %D"
TZ=LosAngeles/GMT8 date  +"Los Angeles: %H%M Hrs - %D"
Showing Time zones from around the world

And through a lot of looking around i have come up with this for the temp and conditions

Code:
curl --silent "http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?p=ASXX0057&u=c" | grep -E '(Current Conditions:|C<BR)' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<description>//' -e 's/<\/description>//'
I get Partly Cloudy, 21c

Using Yahoo weather. The Elders one seemed to go beserk yesterday.

Am happy with it all ATM but cant work out how to get rid of the comma in the weather script ...

Thanks for you help though mate

Cheers
Screenshot

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks