View Single Post
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

A lot to agree about!......
I use one external HD, partitioned for time machine backups and a bootable backup as well.
I don't use automatic backups, as I only want backups when I make significant changes to my system.
I use carbon copy cloner periodically as a safe guard to have a bootable version of my system just in case any of the changes that I made that are on my time machine partition come up with problems.
In saying that, quite some time ago before I used carbon copy cloner to make the bootable versions, I went into time machine and as if by magic, I had only my latest backup appearing, and couldn't go further, however when manually going into the time machine backup, I had the last 6 backups to pick and choose what I wanted to bring back to my internal HD.
This has only happened once, but that was enough for me to keep a routine of cloning as well as time machine backups whenever I make those significant changes.
QUOTE Thanks