View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I am not sure on this one - have not seen enough reports yet - but here's what I think.

The DVI-VGA adapter didn't work, because it is expecting to be able to get an analog signal by being connected to the port on the computer - which in most cases, the DVI port has the capacity for passing both analog and digital signals. The adapter itself does not have the ability to convert the digital signal to analog (from DVI to VGA).

The mini-display port to DVI adapter is going to be passing a digital only signal to the DVI. Hence, why your DVI to VGA did not work.

I believe, if you want to use VGA, you're going to have to get the Apple mini-display to VGA adapter to have that digital to analog conversion.
Have not checked, but monoprice might have one of these also.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks