View Single Post
808///M3

808///M3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If your machine experiences said slowdowns, well, all I can say is that you would definitely know it, and that it would suddenly become quite important.

When it manifests itself, hard evidence would be right in front of your eyes within seconds, and proof would follow a few seconds later. Everything will be slow, like your new machine just turned into a old PowerPC unit. Check your activity monitor, or watch a youtube video for a sure indicator that you've drawn a short straw.

Such is my case, and I'm lucky enough to be able to rectify it quickly. Many who see the problem are still dealing with it every day, or every hour... these are the ones who will recognize the nature of my post immediately, and want to know what I've found.

Again, I just want to save people some frustration, and help prevent unnecessary trouble for Apple and its customers.

If you're not affected, then simply consider yourself more informed.

I welcome comments whether they are for or against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
While this could be a convincing argument, you haven't provided any proof. Simply stating that the problem occurred and ceased with the addition and removal of drivers could very well be construed as spurious logic. Do you have any objective proof to substantiate your claim? Even something as simple as output from Activity Monitor would lend some credence to your argument.

What I'm trying to get at here is that you haven't provided the names of any specific tasks that caused the high CPU usage nor have you linked these unnamed tasks to the operation of the mouse. My main reason for being skeptical, aside from the lack of concrete evidence, is that this is the first I have heard of this issue.
Fair enough, and understandable. Complaints, comments and supposed fixes for this issue have little bearing and/or effect, on those who don't experience it.

Early 2009 13" Pro Time Capsule 2x iPhone 3G 2x streaming Airport Express Windows FTL