10-26-2009, 05:40 AM
Even the native resolution of 1024x768 will not work with the MacBook Pro and BenQ MP727 DVI-D. Bizzarrro!!!
I have found out that the only way to get the MP727 projector to function in DVI mode from a 15" 2009 MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz 4MB Ram with a Apple Mini-DVI to DVI-D converter plug is to:
1. Make sure the projector is off.
2. Plug the projector into the MacBook Pro
3. Goto Display Preferences on the Mac
4. Click Gather Windows.
5. You should see a LCD Screen and a MP727 Display Preferences window
6. On the MP727 Display Preferences "Arrangement" tab, ensure the "Mirror displays" is UNCHECKED
7. On the MP727 Display Preferences the "Display" tab select the 1280x720 display resolution at 60Mhz refresh rate.
8. Switch the projector ON.
This should make the projector work in 1280x720 resolution. Changing the resolution to anything else will not work and you will have to repeat this process again.
Arrangement Window - View
Display Window - View