Thread: Moms imac Broke
View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by naltoidaddict View Post
Sorry, you're right.

24" imac, bought about a year ago. I'd prefer not to pop it open as the instructions I looked up a few months ago involved glaziers tools and pulling that sheet of glass off the front.
Thanks for the model info that helps. There are actually some pretty good videos out on You Tube on how to remove the hard drive from one of these iMacs. Maybe you could give one of them a look, and see what you think.

Of course if you're not comfortable with the procedure I can understand that. It just sounded like from your initial post, that if you could get your hands on the hard drive that you would be fine from there.

By the way...if you bought this computer "about a year ago" is it still covered under warranty?

- Nick

p.s. FYI...to remove the glass you just need a couple suction cups.

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks