View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpm9913 View Post
I can't imagine this would not be a big deal.. it's not just the 3 times it takes when starting up, but then it will do it on occasion when going from one monitor to the other.. and clicking on the other monitor.

But problem is significant and doesn't seem to be unique to my set up. I am not that fussy, and this is a real annoyance.. can't be ignored if you use an external monitor regularly.
Does this problem only happen initially when you connect either one of these monitors?

In other words...if you keep the same external monitor connected to your MBP...then restart or shutdown the MBP...and then restart it...does this 3x display issue reoccur?

I'm being very specific here about the sequence of events. Because you have two different external monitors, and because it sounds like you are constantly switching between these 2 external monitors (home & work). This may be a "syncing step" that the MBP must do to "communicate" properly with each monitor when it is first connected or reconnected.

So do an experiment where you are now...restart your MBP (with the external monitor connected)...and when the computer restarts, does this 3x display thing occur?

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks