10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi HP2800 Users,
The slow printing of the HP Business Inkjet 2800 on Mac is over.
A printer-driver for the Hewlett-Packard Business Inkjet 2800 for faster printing.
The original printer-driver of HP needs a very long time, especially for pictures (p.e. screenshots), for delivering the data to the printer and starting print. Times of 15-30 minuten were not unusual.
With the appended printer-driver hp2800+ this timing will be improved.
The new 2800+-driver (ppd-Datei) was developed on base of the driver of HP Business Inkjet 2300. This 2300-driver is modified to support papersizes to A3, duplex-printing and the second paper-tray.
After installing at least one printer 2800 by the common way (for verifying the plugins are available) do:
- Copy the file "HP Business Inkjet 2800+" (ppd) in the folder "/Volume/Library/Printer/PPDs/Contents/Resources/de.lproj". IF "de.lproj" does not exist, create it.
- Copy the file "HP Business Inkjet 2800+.icns" in the folder "/Volume/Library/Printer/hp/Icons".
- Create a new printer-queue.
- Choose as driver in "Others" the "HP Business Inkjet 2800+" from upper folder manually.
- Choose the options (Tray2, Duplex, RAM) manually.
From now on, printing should start short after submitting data.
Sorry for german version. Try to install the driver under en.lproj and give feedback.
See here for newer Versions MacUser.de Community