View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I've read that as well (see here for example, end of 2nd paragraph). Adobe has to build it so Apple can reject it. On the same token, Apple hasn't rejected it (AFAIK) because Adobe hasn't tried to negotiate for its inclusion. Depending how you want to look at it, both could be responsible for it. I think the fault lies largely with Apple but for me, in this one case, it's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
What Bobtomay is pointing out is even on Macs with OSX Flash is hogging all the CPU cycles. If it were on an iPhone which as you know is a stripped down OSX, it would bog down the CPU so badly it would be unusable. There is an issue with Flash on OSX that needs to be addressed by Adobe.
I couldn't agree more. I can foresee people complaining about overheating iPhones because of this. I also agree that they need to fix all the desktop issues they have first before trying to move Flash onto more devices, particularly ones that have much fewer resource with which to render Flash content. Actually, a better idea would be to cease Flash development altogether but that won't happen...unfortunately.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks